Shopping online - questions and answers.
- How do I buy from LittleFrog.com?
- Why do you ask for my email address?
- Is it safe to give my credit card number?
- Can't unscrupulous parties intercept internet communications?
- How can I trust that you are who you say you are?
- What if someone hacks into your computers and steals my credit card number?
- I feel safer ordering over the phone. Can I do that?
- I have other questions. Where do I get answers?
1. How do I buy from LittleFrog.com?
Shopping online is easy. Just like a store, you add items to your
shopping cart, and when you are happy with the items in your cart, you
go to the check out counter. To add an item, click on the
"Add to shopping cart" button. A summary of your cart's
contents will appear at the top of the screen,
along with a "Show Cart" button and a "Check Out" button.
"Show Cart" shows you what's in your cart and allows you to remove items or change the quantities of
items in your cart.
"Check Out" begins a three-step check out
Step 1: Log in to your account (optional).
Step 2: Enter your billing and shipping addresses.
Step 3: Review your order and enter your credit card information.
Clicking the "Place Order" button in step 3 will finalize your order
and charge your credit card.
2. Why do you ask for my email address?
We use your email address to send you a comfirmation
message when your order is accepted, and another notice when your order
is shipped. You may also choose to receive our email newsletter.
You may leave your email address blank if you like.
Rest assured that we will never give your email address to anyone.
3. Is it safe to give my credit card number?
As long as you are operating over a secure
you are guanrateed that no one is impersonating our web site, and that during
the transaction, nobody else can read your credit card number or any other
information you send. To verify
that you have a secure
SSL connection, look for a "closed lock" icon at the
bottom of the browser window. The lock appears during the checkout
4. Can't unscrupulous parties intercept internet communications?
With a secure
SSL connection, all they will see is random bits.
A secure connection uses sophisticated encryption technology to make your
data unreadable by anyone but us.
5. How can I trust that you are who you say you are?
Double-click on the "closed lock" logo on your browser for information on our
certificate. Your browser only shows the closed lock for sites that
have proven their identity to Netscape and Internet Explorer.
6. What if someone hacks into your computers and steals my
credit card number?
Our security systems are unlikely to be breached, but if they are, there
will be no credit card numbers to steal. Your credit card number is
deleted immediately after your order is processed. In fact, it is never
even written to hard disk.
7. I feel safer ordering over the phone. Can I do that?
Contact us and we'll call you to take your order.
8. I have other questions. Where do I get answers?
For store policies, click
For information on purchasing original paintings, click
For all other questions,